Methods for environmental monitoring
Course code LTH FKF100
Course code natural science faculty FYST38
Course code PhD students FKF100F
The course gives qualifications within advanced measurement techniques, especially in the field of air quality and the working environment for the assemssment of health and environmental risks, It stimulates reflective thinking how different human activities influence our health and environment, and gives the student the ability to assess environmental issues from a natural science perspective in the working life and social debate.
Activity during the laboration in the 2015 course
Acquired knowledge and competence
After passing the course, the student should have acquired knowledge how to evaluate a specific environmental issue using experience and available measurement techniques. The student should also have acquired the competence to plan an environmental investigation and how to analyze data from this task. Included is also the ability to present your conclusions from the investigation. The student will finally acquire specialist knowledge in several of todays environmental problems, especially in the air quality and working environment field, and achieves the competence of a consultant to evaluate these issues.
the course contains the following parts:
1. Lectures by leading scientists in their environmental field of expertize and measurement technology.
2. Demonstrations of state-of-the-art scientific measurement technology laboratories.
3. Excursion to the Örtofta combined biomass heat and power plant.
4. Project work with data analysis and evaluation of an actual environmental issue, which researchers of the Environmental Department of Malmö need to have sorted out.
5. Laboration with instruments from the air laboratory at IKDC, with an evalulation of an environmental issue identified by the students themselves.
6. Written exam.